Friday, December 18, 2009

Finding the Magic in Christmas














Well once again it has been far too long since I have posted anything.  This year I am having an incredibly difficult time finding the magic in Christmas.  This is my most favorite time of year. It is my favorite holiday - my favorite type of weather, I love what the season is celebrating - I love all the lights, the good time with family and the opportunity to just slow down and remember why we are all so lucky to have the things we do.  Anyway, this year I am being a bit of a scrooge.  We just finished the lights on our house.  I am not done shopping.  I don't have anything wrapped.  My anniversary is in four days and we don't have a plan so I am a little doom and gloom to say the least....until today well yesterday and today.  It started yesterday when my sweet friend Amanda surprised me with a very thoughtful gift that reminded me magic comes in the most unlikely places and then tonight over dinner my daughter out of the blue says the most wonderful thing completely unprompted - "mama - it's Baby Jesus' birfday (her word for birthday) in just five days.  Oh and Santa is bringing presents."  And you see there it was Christmas magic.  I no longer care about all the things that aren't done and so glad that my baby gets what this is all about and knew her mama needed a gentle reminder.  My princess is an angel I tell you.  So, shake off the scrooge - time to celebrate and back to blogging regularly - I promise - how could I not share this sweet angel with everyone : )


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love you sweet girl! Merry Christmas!!